Peter de Vester
In three words: empathetic, creative, solution-oriented
Like with milk and a piece of chocolate (dark)
This interview has been translated, the original language is: Dutch
- What are you proud of?
- Next year it will be 25 years since I married my beautiful wife Cris. The years have gone by in the blink of an eye, so it's always nice to linger over them for a while.
- In your free time, what do you like to do most?
- Crosswords. When I'm working on the weekly 'linked letters crossword' in TV Primo, it's best not to disturb me.
- Did you know that I…
- I was once president of a football club (with 14 teams) for five years without ever having been on a football pitch?
- Where would you go in a time machine and with whom/why?
- I'd go back to my youth and my years with Olse Handbal (1975-1980). Our team was always there: before, during and especially after the match 😉
- What is your favourite movie?
- Out of Africa: what a cast (Maryl Streep and Robert Redford), the spirit of the era, the images, the music, the story... And at the end, wet eyes, guaranteed
- What book would you recommend?
- In my case, it's comic books in the library. My favourites include Thorgal, Samurai and Bob et Bobette's Série bleue.
- Can you recommend a good restaurant?
- Pour moi, manger italien est toujours synonyme de régal. Et lorsqu’un restaurant a au menu une portion de croquettes de crevettes faites maison, c’est l’étalon absolu pour mon attribution d’étoiles.
- Do you have another cool tip for us?
- Two people peeling prawns, with a glass of chilled rosé wine to hand. Total relaxation.
Last but not least
- What is your favourite quote?
- De rivier kan het land maar vruchtbaar maken wanneer ze buiten haar oevers treedt. (zelf uitgevonden :-)); Le fleuve ne peut rendre la terre fertile que s’il sort de son lit. (inventé moi-même :-)) ; The river can only make the land fertile when it goes beyond its banks. (Self-invented :-)