In three words: Passionate, optimistic and sociable
I am a cappuccino fan
This interview has been translated, the original language is: Dutch
- What are you proud of?
- When I look back at my 15 years in media agencies and then my 15 years in media/management in a variety of different roles in great companies, I am satisfied. The greatest satisfaction has come from the countless people I've got to know over the years; they've inspired me and, in turn, I've been lucky enough to be able to inspire some of them. We work in a sector that demands a lot from people, but if you live your job with passion, you get a lot of satisfaction in return.
- In your free time, what do you like to do most?
- In my spare time, I like to enjoy a good meal, binge-watch under a warm blanket, go to the movies with my sons, get a head massage at the hairdresser's, have a good chat, listen to an inspiring podcast, sing along in the car to a good song, relax in the bathtub, visit a museum and, last but not least, travel. So many things, so little time...
- Did you know that I…
- For about two years I have been working as a freelancer, under my label Apricity, a name that evokes the warmth of the sun in winter. The sun is always there, but at unexpected times it can be appreciated a little more. This is the feeling I would like to offer with my services. You will see me at work in different missions within our ecosystem. The variation in my job gives me energy; the busy schedule sharpens my mind.
- Where would you go in a time machine and with whom/why?
- I would love to go back in time to meet Ann when she was 18!
- What is your favourite movie?
- I don't really have a favourite film, but recently I was pleasantly surprised by 'Bullet Train'. I am also a fan of Meryl Streep, Sally Field and Julianne Moore, among others.
- What book would you recommend?
- I love the writing of Khaled Hosseini and, closer to home, Ish Ait Hamou.
- Can you recommend a good restaurant?
- When we are in Ostend, Bottarga is always at the top of our list. It's a good place to eat, with a friendly atmosphere and a view of the sea.
- Do you have another cool tip for us?
- Het Kunstuur, 60 minutes of culture, a brief moment of relaxation and inspiration that I highly recommend, cast in an ideal format!
Last but not least
- What is your favourite quote?
- "Be strong enough to stand alone, be smart enough to know when you need help and be brave enough to ask for it."
- Who would you like to see in this section?
- Until last year, I was president of MediaMadammen, a network of women active in marketing and media. One of the founders is Kristine Verhelst, Head of Media & CRM at d'Ieteren, who helped found the group over 20 years ago. I look forward to hearing her answers!